CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
SAMRO is seeking to appoint a dynamic, decisive, innovative, motivated, and seasoned leader of high professional standing as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to efficiently administer Music Rights on behalf of our members – music composers, authors and publishers. Reporting directly to the Board through the Chairperson and being an ex-officio member of the Board. The CEO will be responsible for leading the Executive team in developing & driving the organisation’s strategic direction set by the Board of Directors and making sure that SAMRO is a leading & most admired Collective Management Organisation (CMO) in Africa, respected by the global community & members.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has completed a post-graduate qualification in the aspect of management /finance/legal or business administration with a minimum of 5 years’ executive management experience at EXCO level with an organisation that has over R600m revenue.
The position of CEO is a five (5) year contract appointment, with an executive-level remuneration and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications. The appointment may be renewed for a further term of office, subject to performance.
Key Performance Areas:
- Strategic Leadership
- Protect and promote the business interests of SAMRO to preserve its reputation and goodwill, and to develop and improve the business of SAMRO.
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide SAMRO.
- Identify, assess and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect SAMRO.
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of SAMRO's activities.
- Foster effective team work between the Board and the Executives and between the Executives and employees.
- Operational Planning & Management
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of SAMRO.
- Ensure that the operations of SAMRO meet the expectations of the Board, SAMRO Members and Licensees.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of SAMRO.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of SAMRO's services.
- Ensure that the services offered by SAMRO contribute to SAMRO's mission and reflect the priorities of the Board.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the services of SAMRO to improve the quality of delivery.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects.
- Human Resource Planning & Management
- Ensure effective Human Resource planning & management.
- Implementation of Human Resources policies, procedures and practices.
- Financial Planning & Management
- Work with management and the Board to prepare comprehensive budgets and deliver within specific time periods.
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board.
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures and principles are followed in line with relevant legislation.
- Administer the funds of SAMRO according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the business.
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenue and expenditure of SAMRO.
- External Relations
- Communicate with stakeholders and keep them informed of the work of SAMRO.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with various stakeholders to help achieve the goals of SAMRO. Maintain positive relationships in the community and cultivate good working relationships with community groups and other organisations.
- Risk Management
- Identify and evaluate risks to SAMRO and implement measures of control.
Professional experience and qualifications:
- Relevant Post Graduate qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years are in an executive management role.
- Experience in driving and managing major projects.
- Experience in developing and leading high calibre teams and implementing team management through clearly defined goals, strategies and objectives.
- The ability to communicate and operate effectively across local and international cultures.
- The ability to engage in strategic thinking to assess potential actions based on trends and macro/micro environmental conditions.
- The flexibility to travel both locally and internationally on a regular basis.
Advanced competency in the following areas:
- Strategy formulation and execution;
- Risk and compliance; and
- Financial management.
- Strategic thinking abilities;
- Ability to take an analytical approach;
- Information analysis and problem-solving;
- Good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Innovative and creative thinker;
- Persuading and influencing abilities; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Closing Date: 15th April 2022
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy.