Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
SAMRO is seeking to appoint a dynamic, decisive, innovative and seasoned leader of high professional standing as Chief Operating Officer to efficiently administer Music Rights on behalf of our members (music composers, authors and publishers). Reporting directly to the CEO and being a member of the Executive Committee (‘EXCO’). The primary responsibility of the Chief Operating Officer is to provide exceptional strategic and operational leadership to advance and optimise SAMRO’s operations, customer services, IT, back-office operations and transformation in support of the 2025 strategic objectives and in making sure that SAMRO is a leading & most admired Collective Management Organisation (CMO) in Africa, respected by the global community & members.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has completed a postgraduate qualification in a profession, an aspect of management/leadership and/or business administration with a minimum of 5 years’ executive management experience at EXCO level.
The position of Chief Operating Officer is a five (5) year contract appointment, with an executive-level remuneration and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications. The appointment may be renewed for a further term of office, subject to performance.
Key Performance areas:
- Development of business strategy that leads to the implementation of operational procedures to improve organisational efficiency.
- Lead various cross-functional teams across the business.
- Work closely with the CEO to direct organisational strategy to achieve operational growth, to improve "profitability" and quality of SAMRO's service offering.
- Managing the operational requirements of the business.
- Post graduate qualification in business administration/ legal / financial and/or management;
- 10 years post academic experience;
- 5 years’ experience, preferably in an executive (EXCO) management position;
- Proven experience as a COO or similar role.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and public speaking skills;
- Deep understanding of business functions such as IT, client services and back-office operations and appropriate technical aptitude;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning, change management and operations strategy;
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics;
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities;
- An ability to deal with complexity and analyse information, to establish the quality of the underlying data;
- A strong process improvement mind-set and passion for quality;
- An ability to interface with all levels of the organisation as well a key international stakeholders;
- Technical aptitude
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving;
- Attention to detail and an emphasis on excellence;
- Passion & humility;
- Strategic, operational & business skills;
- Positive attitude & self-motivated,
- Mission and results driven;
- Budget-focused mindset;
- An aptitude for hard work.
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
Closing date - 15 April 2021. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org