The above vacancy exists within the Marketing, Communications and CSI department and reports to the General Manager: Marketing & Communications. The purpose of this role is to identify, plan, monitor and drive SAMRO’s CSI Projects in order to maintain and build on-going relationships with members. The CSI: Special Project Manager is responsible for managing both internal and external stakeholder relationships to ensure delivery against CSI objectives. The ideal candidate will be someone who has successfully completed a Degree with at least 3 years project management and social investment and/ or community development experience.
Key performance areas:
- Initiate, maintain and co-ordinate a range of CSI initiatives, which are designed to have a positive impact on SAMRO members and brand
- Monitor the progress of the strategic CSI projects and evaluate their impact
- Steer and grow current and new CSI projects to ensure sustainability of all initiatives
- Analyse existing and new proposals and make written and verbal recommendations to actively drive the reach and impact of all CSI initiatives
- Maintain, build and explore partnerships relevant to the CSI strategy on an ongoing basis
- Identify PR opportunities and maintain a keen understanding of publicity for CSI and make appropriate recommendations
- Develop and manage a departmental budget aligned with SAMRO’s CSI strategy and goals
- Control, supervise and monitor staff and the activities of the allocated personnel
- 3 years project management and social investment and/ or community development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Media relations skills
- Display an effective marketing and branding track record
- Good understanding of CSI within corporate
- Broad understanding of financial and budget principles
- Utilising CSI initiatives aligned to strategy to generate positive PR for the business
- Strategic thinker.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management.
- Numerical orientation.
- Goal and deadline driven.
- Team player.
- Relationship building and networking skills.
- Ability to convert organisational knowledge and target audience insights into executable communication plans
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy.
Closing date: 18 November 2022.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks consider your application unsuccessful.